Make sure you score with this hat-trick of deals!
You might be interested in:
With the 2014 Fifa World Cup now underway, it seems the whole world has gone football mad - including us!
Mobilephones.com has put together a World Cup inspired infographic packed full of facts and stats that’ll get leave you perplexed at just how many people the game affects.
So here are 8 reasons why the World Cup has got everybody talking this year…
1. Did you know that the World Cup trophy is made of 18k gold, and is worth a whopping £7 million?
When you put it into perspective, or not, as the case may be, that’s £3 million cheaper than the world’s most expensive smartphone! Yes, you heard correctly, the world’s most expensive smartphone is the iPhone 5 black diamond version, with a price tag of £10 million!
2. For the selfie lovers out there, did you know that during each World Cup game, there will be over 150 million selfies taken! Now if you add that up, that’s 9.5 billion selfies over the entire tournament!
3. Did you know that there are 25 times more smartphones on the planet than there are footballs? Scary isn’t it!
4. Approximately 5000 text messages are sent every second, yes second, across the world. That’s more texts per second than all of the goals scored in the history of the World Cup!
5. History question: did you know that when the World Cup first started in the 1930s, the most popular form of telephone was the rotary dialling telephone? How things have changed!
6. If you add up all of the games, 96 hours of football will be played during the entire World Cup tournament. However, over 86.6 billion hours of collective phone calls will be made during the exact same time!
7. You would need exactly 25,999 Samsung Galaxy S5 handsets to cover just one football pitch!
8. And last but not least, did you know that 30 million people across the globe will watch a World Cup match on their smartphones. Now that’s a lot of data!