Samsung Galaxy J6 2018 review
The latest look without a huge price tag
Our Samsung Galaxy J6 2018 review finds a mobile phone that is affordable on a contract. It looks great with a full-front display and has loads of selfie camera features. This phone is sure to be popular and won’t disappoint those who decide to buy a Samsung Galaxy J6 2018.
The Samsung Galaxy J6 2018 has an ample 5.6” Super AMOLED full-front display. This fills more of the front screen for a more immersive experience. There is a 18.5:9 screen aspect ratio with HD+ (1480 x 720 pixels) resolution. This means that the phone is slimmer yet longer with extra rows of pixels.
|Samsung Galaxy J6 2018 black deals|
The display is bright and vivid and you can choose specific screen modes for different media. Two screen modes that you may use a lot are AMOLED cinema and AMOLED photo.
Design and performance
The Samsung Galaxy J6 2018 is available in three colours; black, gold and lavender. The form is nicely curved for palm-comfort and fairly slim at 8.2mm thick. The weight of the phone is also pleasing at a lightweight 154g.
There is a 1.6GHz octa-core processor with 3GB RAM. With this amount of RAM, the performance is pretty slick, making this phone ideal for gaming and streaming TV or movies.
Phone Set Up
The Samsung Galaxy J6 2018 gives you a choice of biometric security. You can use the rear fingerprint reader or face recognition. You should however be aware that the fingerprint reader is far more secure than face recognition.
If you need to keep any content or apps private, then you can place them in the Secure Folder. When you do this, there is an extra barrier between your content and someone who might try to view or access it.
The Smart Switch feature (found within the settings menu) can be used to transfer content over from your old smartphone. The Galaxy J6 2018 has a 32GB internal memory and an up to 256GB microSD memory card slot.
Samsung gives you 15GB of Samsung Cloud storage, which is handy for backing up files and photos. When you do this, you can access them on your other devices.
Android and Samsung features
The Samsung Galaxy J6 2018 runs on Google’s Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. Between Android and Samsung, the features of note include:
- App Pair - Use Messenger and watch videos at the same time
- Dual Messenger - Use two Messenger accounts at the same time
- Samsung Heath - Monitor your activity, nutrition and sleep
- Seamless Wi-Fi switching - This remembers your hotspot history and connects you to hotspots you have used before, in order to save your mobile data
- Bixby - Samsung’s virtual assistant
- Game Launcher - Change the phone performance to save battery, block notifications, hide navigation buttons or record your gameplay
- Dolby Atmos - Enjoy surround sound
|Samsung Galaxy J6 2018 gold deals|
Camera & Video
Selfies get a whole heap of attention on the Samsung Galaxy J6 2018. The 8MP selfie camera boasts:
- Real-time selfie focus
- A dedicated LED flash with three lighting levels
- Selfie Mode - Preview beauty effects before you take a photo
- Selfie Focus - Blur the background to get a classic bokeh
- Wide Selfie Mode - Pan from side-to-side for group selfies
- AR Stickers
The 13MP main camera has Panorama Mode and Night Mode (shooting without the flash). You can also use this camera to shoot FHD (1920 x 1080 pixels) video at 30fps. You can browse the photo gallery by keyword and group your photos together to create stories for a date or location.