Nokia 2.2 review
Android One and Google Assistant button
The Nokia 2.2 has a 5.7-inch display with a resolution of 720 x 1520 pixels. The aspect ratio of 19:9 gives you a good viewing experience when browsing web pages. Additional lines are displayed which means less scrolling around.
New: LG G8S ThinQ review
This Nokia phone has been designed to stand up to daily life. Built with a polycarbonate body and finished to a high gloss the phone is stylish and strong. Nokia has always had a reputation for making durable phones and the Nokia 2.2 continues this trend.
|Nokia 2.2 black deals|
The phone is available in Steel or Tungsten Black. The phone weighs in at 153g and measuring 9.3mm thick. The overall dimensions and weight of the phone make it fit perfectly in the palm and makes it easy to use one-handed.
The phone has a MediaTek MT6761 Helio A22 quad-core processor. The RAM depends on which model you choose with the 32GB one sporting 3GB RAM and the 16GB model has 2GB RAM. Either of these will deliver a decent performance when multitasking and the enhanced AI features keep performance levels up.
Phone Set Up
Biometric Face Unlock
The Nokia 2.2 has an advanced Face Unlock which uses biometrics. This is a great feature on an affordable phone as we usually only see this on more expensive devices. The phone uses machine learning to map and instantly recognise your face. Simply pick up the phone and as you look at the screen it will unlock as the scanner recognises you.
The onboard memory can be expanded if you need more room for your photos or videos. The microSD card slot can be used with cards up to 400GB giving you lots of flexibility when it comes to phone memory.
The Nokia 2.2 is an Android Pie phone so you get lots of familiar apps such as Chrome, Maps, and YouTube. The OS is Android One Certified. You get the latest Android experience with guaranteed updates. Those updates cover both the OS and security features.
The key features of Android One include:
- Adaptive Brightness - this feature will automatically adapt the screen brightness to match your environment. You can manually change the brightness using the slider and AI will learn and apply your preferences.
- Adaptive Battery - the AI technology onboard will learn how you use the phone and when you use certain apps. It will then adjust settings, pre-load or close apps to manage the power effectively.
- Digital Wellbeing - the phone will help you manage your usage time to promote digital wellbeing. Features include App Timers, Do Not Disturb and Wind Down Modes.
- App Actions - AI will recognise certain routines and have apps and features ready for you. If you have a playlist or podcast you listen to on your commute, it will line it up for you.
- Google Lens - your camera can do more than just take snaps. Capture a shot of something you like and the Nokia 2.2 will find it on shopping websites. Snap a plant, flower or landmark for more information and much more.
Google Assistant Button
The Nokia 2.2 has a button dedicated to the Google Assistant. You can use the usual "Hey Google"greeting to launch this but the button is also a handy way to open the feature. The Google Assistant features include:
Voice-assisted tasks - check your appointments, send messages or get the latest news and weather all using your voice. You can ask the assistant to play your favourite music or search the web for information.
Visual snapshot - the phone learns what you search for and will display what is important to you each day. See a snapshot of your schedule and the expected weather or traffic for your commute to work.
Walkie-talkie mode - the button allows you to immediately communicate with the Google Assistant. Press the button and you can ask questions or complete tasks all with voice commands.
Camera & Video
Advanced low-light camera
The rear 13-megapixel camera has been enhanced to work better in low-light. The Nokia 2.2 captures fantastic night shots whether you are capturing the city skyline or on a night out with friends. There are a number of different shooting mode options to make sure you get good results, these include:
- Pro Mode
- Video pic - snap photos while recording video
- Full HD video recording
There is also a 5-megapixel lens on the front for taking selfies or group shots. The selfie camera is housed in a small notch. You get to see more of the image as you take it to make sure you are completely happy with it. There are a number of different options for editing the photo so you can change it before sharing it online.
|Nokia 4.2 black deals|
Efficient power management
The Nokia 2.2 has a 3,000mAh battery with power-saving mode. Although this battery may not be as big as other models, the AI features will manage available power efficiently. As the phone learns the apps you use and when you are most active it will manage background tasks and other battery-draining features to make sure you have all the power you need.
Written by: Carmel Brown