Huawei Mate 20 X review
Our Huawei Mate 20 X review reveals a smartphone of monstrous proportions. A tablet-sized display is paired up with a massive battery and triple camera system. This device will join the current Mate-series that consists of the Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Lite, and the Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
The Huawei Mate 20 X expands the experience through the sheer size of its display. The 7.2” OLED display comes with FHD+ resolution (2244×1080 pixels) but the phone doesn’t feel too large because there is near to no body surrounding the display.
Keep up to Date
Fill in the form and be the first to know when the Huawei Mate 20 X is released.
Helping the situation is an ergonomic design that makes it possible to get a firm grip and enjoy one-handed operation. There is textured and engraved back glass that creates an anti-fingerprint and anti-slip surface.
The Huawei Mate 20 X ships in Phantom Silver or Midnight Blue. It is a little on the heavy side at 232g but it isn’t too thick at 8.15mm.
World’s first 7nm mobile AI chip
The chip is truly one of the fastest out there. The Kirin 980 2.6GHz octa-core processor has 6GB RAM, which gives an excellent experience. This chip brings a 75% increase to single core performance and a 58% power efficiency upgrade.
|Huawei Mate 20 Pro Twilight deals|
Phone Set Up
Biometric security and memory
The Huawei Mate 20 X gives you the choice of fingerprint security or Face Unlocking. Once you have set up security you can move your old content over to the phone. For this, there is a 128GB memory and an up to 256GB NM (nano-memory) card slot.
New: OnePlus 6T review
GPU Turbo 2.0
Gaming and other forms of media can be enjoyed at their best with GPU Turbo 2.0 technology delivering smoother, faster and more stable gaming. The Kirin chip has 46% improved graphics performance and 178% power efficiency upgrade.
To ensure the phone doesn’t overheat there is Huawei Supercool, which is the world’s first liquid multi-dimensional cooling system. Videos and games thrill your eardrums with a stereophonic sound system and dual symmetrical speakers that pump out up to 40db.
Inner city GPS
City centres can be an issue for GPS with tall buildings interfering with the signal. The GPS on the Huawei Mate 20 X is more precise, using simultaneous dual GPS channels
Android 9 Pie with the EMUI 9.0
The Huawei Mate 20 X arrives with Google’s latest operating system and Huawei’s EMUI 9.0 user interface. This streamlined system works well and there are a couple of surprise features for you to enjoy:
- AI Vision – Open the camera to get information on landmarks or paintings. You can also monitor your diet with greater ease, thanks to the camera and calorie estimation.
- Huawei M-Pen3 – You can buy this extra accessory and write memos straight from the lock screen.
- PC Mode – Wirelessly project your screen onto a bigger display or TV, if it supports Miracast.
- AI Shopping – Take a photo of any item that you see and the phone will find online offers for you.
Camera & Video
Leica Triple Camera
Huawei makes dual cameras seem like so last year by introducing a triple camera system. The lenses are used for the following situations:
- 40MP RGB lens – Used for everyday photography
- 8MP telephoto lens – For distant shots
- 20MP Leica Ultra Wide Angle Lens – For macro (close-up) shots or landscapes
The three lenses also work together to give:
- 3x optical zoom
- 5x hybrid zoom
- 10x digital zoom
There are many camera features but the most interesting include:
- AI-Painting Photography – 1500 scenes 25 categories are recognised and the camera can segment different objects within the scene to automatically adjust the brightness, colour, and contrast of each
- Cinema Mode – Shoot videos with a classic 21:9 aspect ratio with real-time HDR
- Filters – These include Background Blur, Vintage, Fresh and Suspense
- Director’s Cut – The AI video editor recognises faces so that you can create highlight reels for each person
- 24MP selfie camera – Use Portrait Mode, Smile Capture and Voice Capture
|Huawei Mate 20 Lite blue deals|