Huawei Mate 20 X 5G review
5G high-speed mobile experience
In our Huawei Mate 20 X 5G review we a find a smartphone that uses the Balong 5000 7nm multi-mode 5G chipset. As 5G rolls out across the UK, owners of this phone will enjoy a mobile experience at higher speeds than ever before.
The Huawei Mate 20 X 5G has a very large 7.2” OLED display, with an FHD+ resolution of 2,244x 1,080 pixels. However, with almost no screen surround, it is easy to hold without straining your hand.
|Huawei Mate 20 X 5G deals deals|
There is an engraved and textured glass back which is anti-slip and anti-fingerprint. The phone is coloured in Emerald Green and has an IP53 splash resistant coating. This Huawei mobile phone is 8.38mm thick and weighs 233g, which places it on the heavier side of phones on the market.
New: Nokia 6.2 review
Fast yet energy efficient
The Kirin 980 2.6GHZ processor has 8GB RAM, bringing an increase in processing performance while reducing energy consumption.
Phone Set Up
The Huawei Mate 20 X 5G offers Face Unlocking, which is quick and convenient. Old school users can us fingerprint security or a PIN if they prefer. Once you have added your choice of security, you can move your old content over to the phone. The phone also has an up to 256GB nano-memory card slot.
Android 9 Pie and EMUI 9.1
Android brings Google apps to the Mate 20 X 5G and Huawei’s EMUI 9.1 refines the user experience further. Features and apps you will enjoy include:
- Huawei M-Pen4 (sold separately) - Activate the Memo app straight from the lock screen with 4,096 high-level pressure sensitivity for a natural writing feel
- AI Vision – Use the camera to get information on paintings and landmarks, or get mealtime calorie estimations
- AI Shopping – Find online offers of what you see when you are out and about
- PC Mode – Project your screen wirelessly to a TV or monitor using Miracast
GPU Turbo 2.0
The Huawei Mate 20 X 5G has smooth and fast gaming with GPU Turbo 2.0. This is aided by a SuperCool liquid multi-dimensional cooling system. Sound is also at its best with 40db stereophonic sound with dual symmetrical speakers.
GPS for the city
This Huawei mobile phone uses simultaneous dual-GPS channels for more precise navigation when in the city and surrounded by tower blocks.
Camera & Video
Leica Triple Camera
The Huawei Mate 20 X 5G will blow you away when it comes to photography and videography. The three lenses are as follows:
- 20MP Leica Ultra Wide Angle Lens – Take landscape or close-up (macro) photos
- 8MP telephoto Lens – Take photos of distant objects (3x optical, 5x hybrid, 10x digital zoom)
- 40MP RGB Lens – Capture everyday photography in immense detail
|Huawei Mate 20 Pro Twilight deals|
Camera features that you will love to use on a regular basis include:
- Filters – Blur the background or add Vintage, Suspense, or Fresh filters
- Cinema Mode – Use real-time HDR and a classic 21:9 aspect ratio for video recording
- AI-Painting Photography - Scene recognition and automatic adjusts are made for 1,500 scenes in 25 categories
- Director’s Cut – Use an AI video editor to create highlight reels for individual people in the scene
- 24MP selfie camera – Shooting modes include Smile Capture, Voice Capture, and Portrait Mode